How to set up an online school?
School settings are one of the most important parts of creating a course. This is the first thing your users will see when they visit your course page or download your app. Therefore, we strongly advise you to take a responsible approach to this stage of creating an online school.
What do you need to do to set up your online school?
Go to "Online school settings" and then click "General."
First, you will need to come up with a name for the school and enter a short description of it.
Next, fill in the "Full description" field, telling your subscribers more about what you do and what they will get by becoming a member of your school.
Also, you can insert the Logo, Favicon, and the main Banner of your school. The banner will be one of the first elements that a person will see when entering your school.
That's one of the school examples showing you where these items are shown:
- Logo. It will be used on your landing page, in the app, and on the web.
Upload 16:9 .png file without background.
- Favicon. Upload the icon displayed in your browser tab.
Upload .png or .ico file (32x32 recommended)
- Banner. The banner is displayed on the web only.
Upload .png or .jpg file (1280x720 recommended)
Next, you can choose which modules you want to use in your application. Gurucan offers six modules: courses, marathons, articles, chats, nutrition, webinars, offers.
Select modules you'd like to use. Each module is displayed as a bottom tab menu item, so we recommend having 4 modules max. You can change this anytime.
Moreover, you can rename them in this section. You can find out detailed information about how to manage modules in this article.
You can also choose the color scheme in which you see your school. Or you can customize the design of your school. How to do it? Come here.
Set up Content accessibility and Email validation
- Content accessibility - Show only purchased courses: if you tick this option, a user will see ONLY purchased products in his/her account. If you leave the Show only purchased courses box empty, a user will see all the available offers, courses (free or paid) on his/her account page. More info about this option you'll find here.
- Email validation - if you choose the Required option, a user will not be able to start an offer/course until he/she confirms an email. If you select Not required, a student can immediately start an offer/course without Email validation.
If you still have questions, we will be happy to help you so that you can create your online dream school :)