Please note that with Apple’s recent change to its App Review Guidelines, it is key that apps are submitted directly by the provider of the app’s content using their own Apple Developer Account.
Also, please note: if possible, create accounts for a legal entity, not for an individual. It's still possible to go with an individual account, but Apple does not invite other people to the Developer Account, so we'll need access to your Apple Account, and it's better to create a new one only for managing your App. Anyways it's much easier with a corporate account.
If the app and the developer account do not match, Apple will potentially reject the app.
According to Apple, what you need before you enroll is:
Enrolling as an Organization
If you’re enrolling your organization, you’ll need an Apple ID as well as the following to get started:
A D-U-N-S® Number
Your organization must have a D-U-N-S Number so that we can verify your organization’s identity and legal entity status. These unique nine-digit numbers are assigned by Dun & Bradstreet and are widely used as standard business identifiers. You can check to see if your organization already has a D-U-N-S Number and request one if necessary. They are free in most jurisdictions.
Legal Entity Status
Your organization must be a legal entity so that it can enter into contracts with Apple. We do not accept DBAs, fictitious businesses, trade names, or branches.
Legal Binding Authority
As the person enrolling in your organization in the Apple Developer Program, you must have the legal authority to bind your organization to legal agreements. You must be the organization’s owner/founder, executive team member, senior project lead, or have legal authority granted to you by a senior employee.
Creating an iOS Developer account
First, go to https://developer.apple.com/enroll and click "Start your Enrollment'. Sign in using your Apple ID (or create an Apple ID if you do not have one yet).
2. Go over the Apple Developer Agreement, check the box confirming that you have read it, and click on 'Submit.'
3. Confirm that all your information is correct (email, name, location), then choose an entity. Please read Apple's explanation of entities below before you make a choice.
Explanation from Apple:
The Developer name listed on the App Store is based on the type of account selected from the options below. Apps published to Individual Developer Accounts will display the name listed on the iOS Developer Account. Apps published to Company/Organization Developer Accounts will display the Company Name entered within the iOS Developer Account.
‼️PLEASE BE AWARE YOU NEED Company/Organization type for GURUCAN‼️
Individual/Sole Proprietor/Single Person Business: Individuals or companies without an officially recognized business (company without a Dun and Bradstreet number). This account only allows for a single primary login to be created to the iOS Developer Account.
Company/Organization: Legally recognized Companies with a Dun and Bradstreet number can select this option. This will allow multiple user logins to be created and managed with varying permissions capabilities for each login. See here to check if your company is a legally recognized company with a Dun and Bradstreet (DUNS) number.
4. Fill in all the contact details for your Developer Account.
5. Read the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, check the box confirming you have read the agreement, and click ‘Continue.'
6. Confirm that all the previously entered information is correct en click "Continue."
7. Click ‘Purchase’ to enroll and pay for your yearly iOS Developer Account. Don't forget to check the Automatic Renewal box if you want your membership to be automatically renewed.
8. Sign in with your Apple ID and fill in your billing information. Then click continue to complete the setup of your iOS Developer Account
9. Fill in any remaining information on the following pages. Within 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation email from Apple letting you know the setup of your iOS Developer Account was successful.
10. Once your iOS Developer Account is fully set up, enter your iOS developer account a give us credentials with the "developer" level to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing issues that none of our articles has helped you solve, please contact us by clicking the button below:
Don't have an account yet? Sign up & start a 7-day "Expert" Free Trial🚀
New to Gurucan? Check out our Getting Started Collection🐣
Looking for answers to faq's? please refer to Gurucan Faq's💬
Looking for Gurucan rates? talk to us to better understand our Pricing💰
Anything you related to a database? Please go to our CRM collection.📣
Managing your IOS and Android devices? Please refer to Mobile App📱
Anything related to help topics? please visit our Helpcenter🚨
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:🌍™
WANT TO KNOW MORE?🔎
If you'd like to know more, chat to us in the Messenger 😊